Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

22 February 2005

Does it get any better than this?

Friends, God is good. I believe I told some of you about my friend Sarah's friend, Sauda, who is dying of AIDS. Sarah went a couple of weeks ago to the village to see Sauda. Sauda is Muslim. Sarah was determined to share Christ with her, having been Muslim herself and knowing how deceived her friend was. When she visited her, Sauda was so sick with AIDS and TB that she couldn't even get out of bed. Sarah shared with her that Jesus is THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE, but Sauda was unwilling to accept Him as her Savior. This past Friday, Sarah got a call from Sauda's brother saying that Sauda wanted to talk to her...come TODAY. We all assumed that meant she was dying. Rebekah (missionary friend of ours) and I prayed that God would give Sarah one more chance to share Jesus with Sauda. Sarah rushed to Mityana (her village) thinking she may find her friend already dead. Instead, she walked in to find Sauda up and walking. She looked at Sarah and said, "I am ready to accept Jesus as my Savior. What do I need to do?" Sarah led her friend to the Lord and hasn't come down from that high since! AMINA!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home