Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

17 July 2009

More old stuff

On the sight seeing day of IWC we took the students to Italica. It is a sight of Roman ruins just outside of the city. This is a Roman coliseum. Since I am in the middle of re-reading the "Mark of the Lion" series by Francine Rivers, I was very aware of what went on in coliseums like this one all over the Roman empire back when they ruled the world...Christians were killed...fed to lions as the crowds watched and cheered. They were also set on fire and used as torches to light the games. Can you imagine? Do we have any idea what persecution is? Would I have been able to be faithful in the face of that?
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home