Gin and Jus
I feel like a slacker in the random comments department. When I read my friends' blogs (Ginny in the ME and Justin in HK), I feel like I should try harder to put pointless banter on my blog. Here goes:
1. This week in church a man stood up to testify about God's goodness. His praise went as follows: "Last week I had syphallis. This week I have been healed." Seriously folks. What would happen if you stood up in an American church and shared that? Would anyone really praise with you? Because I'm here to tell you, this church did!
2. I have more pictures of creepy-crawly things than both of them combined. Why, they probably don't even have geckos there! All Gin has is a sacrificed lamb. Big fat hairy deal.
3. I almost went to jail not once, but twice on Saturday! I had a very minor traffic accident in which a man HIT ME and said it was my fault. When I mentioned that my car was stopped when his car hit mine, he began to yell. He pulled out an id that said he was a senior police officer and how dare I disrespect him...he could and would take me to jail right then and there! After much talk and tears, I PAID HIM for the damage HE did to HIS car when HE HIT ME. As I was leaving, one of my supervisors called to see if I was okay. I picked up the phone (which is illegal while driving) and who was standing there watching? Another of Kampala's finest. He motioned me over (what would he do if I didn't stop? Shoot me with that AK47 at his side?). When he walked over to the car, I burst into tears again. Let me just tell you...Ugandan men don't know what to do when a white woman cries! So he let me go with a warning. Of course, he made me sit on the side of the road until I stopped crying. He said I was sure to get into another accident if I drove in that state!
So, Gin and Juice. Top that!

3 Comments:
Bring it ON. :P Oh, and I like our new nicknames. Gin and Juice...funny!
Juice here. The random posting war is on like Donkey Kong. You only have one of my top seven items? How did you get my Johnny and June Carter Cash/Rosanne Cash/Loretta Lynn mix CD in Uganda?
prayingforyoumeanit
If only I had had Juby here to warn me about the po-po!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home