Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

25 June 2006

Another sad story...

Just when I think I've seen it all, another person comes along with a seriously sad case. I don't think you can get the full scope of this from the photo. This lady's baby has hydrocephalys (spelling?). His head has been growing since he was 3 months and is now about twice the size of mine. He is a year and a half old now. She went to a church recently and they took up money for her to go to a clinic. However, the pastor took the money and lied to the congregation about giving it to her. It's just so pitiful. Some days it's overwhelming to be here. The needs are so great and you can't just go around giving everyone the money they need. At this point, I am told that surgery most likely wouldn't help this poor baby anyway. If she had been able to take him in back when he was 3 months, maybe he could have been helped, but even in America the chances are not good.
Will you please pray for this woman and her baby? And for all the other seemingly hopeless cases...
 Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home