Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

11 July 2006

Our fearless leader

WARNING: DISGUSTING BLOG
We were recently in an area of town that rivals Soweto for filth. I saw more human feces in 2 hours than I've seen in a LONG time. In fact, while we were out sharing the gospel, I watched one kid walk out his front door, take a dump, and walk back in!
So here's John, our Strategy Leader (my supervisor), posing with some human waste he was sitting next to during the worship service. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We could have done without this pic.

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Kari said...

Haha! John's face is great! At least it wasn't diarrhea. I once saw a kid squatting having diarrhea right next to a duuka where I was buying some vegetables....yummy! I love Uganda :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home