Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

08 August 2007

3 down, 197 to go...

Just kidding! I'm excited to be on my third day at Bearden High School. If you hadn't heard, I'm teaching Spanish this year. I'm so excited about it...now. At first I dreaded going back to a "real" job. Now that the kids are coming tomorrow, I'm pumped. I LOVE teaching. I love teaching Spanish. This is going to be fun.
Funny things that keep happening...
*People keep asking me how my "trip" was. Do you know anyone that goes on a "trip" for two years? 'Cause I don't. I just keep saying, "Well, my LIFE in Uganda was amazing. I wouldn't call it a trip."
*People keep asking if I'm overwhelmed. They know I've taught Spanish for nearly 10 years. I'm teaching Spanish 1. What the crap is there to be overwhelmed about? At this point, I'd like someone to WHELM me. Yesterday someone got angry at me when I told her I was already ready for the first 5 days or so. When she got mad about that, I didn't have the heart to tell her I'm really pretty much ready for the first 200 days. I have my old lesson plan book. I've taught this class at least 36 times...likely more. There is nothing new under the sun.
*I had to go to NEW teacher orientation last week. I was supposed to be there from 9-3. I don't know why they said I had to go. It was a motivational day for the 23 year-olds who are stepping into a classroom alone for the first time and are scared to death. I left after an hour.
*While I was typing this someone walked in the room and said, "We were talking about you at lunch and decided you seem like a very CALM person." I laughed and said, "You should have known me pre-Africa." Can I get a witness?!
I'm excited about tomorrow...but if you wanna pray, I won't stop you.

3 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Blogger JasonC said...

You are a trip!

 
At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey friend, I am so excited for you, that you are getting to do what you love. Go get'em girl. Love and miss you lots.

Rebekah

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Kari said...

What? You are teaching?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home