Didn't get a pic...
Last night when I came home from a goodbye party for a sweet intern who is leaving this week I walked into my apartment to see something scurrying across the floor. I immediately screeched. (I am sure the neighbors enjoyed that...it was 2am.) I just knew I was going to be killed my some varmit right then and there. I had flashbacks of geckos trying to kill me in Uganda and just knew I would DIE if this was a gecko. I saw one outside my door a few weeks ago so now I am constantly looking around for him. Anyway, once I got my focus I realized that it was not a gecko, but rather a large cockroach. Most people would have been more scared of the cockroach. I, however, was relieved. It ran under the fridge and I made a moderate attempt at getting it to come out so I could smash it. It did not. I went to bed not long after. If it had been a gecko, I would have had to call someone.
This morning I was in the shower shaving my legs when I felt something on my foot and looked down to see...the cockroach. I screeched again. Not afraid, but who wants a cockroach on their foot? I jumped out of the shower, grabbed my house shoe and smashed him to smitherenes. (sp?) La cucaracha ya no puede caminar.
Sorry I didn't get a pic before I flushed his carcass. I'm sure there will be another.

1 Comments:
I love your "critter" stories ... I can just hear you screeching in the night and in the shower. Reminds me of the time when I was 8 months pregnant (MANY years ago) and I jumped up onto the middle of the dining room table when a RAT ran across my foot! I moved out of there and stayed with Donna & David until Gary proved that it, and it's family, were GONE. I do not intend to share my home with critters that live on the floor and under things! Ewwwwwwww
Post a Comment
<< Home