Cool Stuff at Heritage
I have the coolest story! Go and get a snack...it's going to be a long one!
So, Friday, this couple came to check out the school and I was giving them the tour and hearing all about how they had come to Uganda to meet the children they were sponsoring through Compassion International. While visiting one of the orphanages they met a little girl and fell in love with her. They decided to adopt her and are waiting for paperwork so that they can take her back to America. As it turns out, they are from Nashville. I took them to meet Andy, our finance guy. When they left, Andy came in and asked me what that guy's name was again. I said, Steve Taylor, why? He said, You realize he's famous, right? I said, You must be thinking of Steven Tyler...Aerosmith. Andy continued to insist. The man had mentioned that he was in the music business. Andy decided we needed to Google him. We did. As it turns out, he is famous! He is in the Christian music business and has had a couple of CD's of his own...in the 80's. Now, he just writes and produces. You may recognize some of his songs. Does anyone know, "Shine" or "Breakfast" by the Newsboys? HE WROTE THEM and most of the other songs by the Newsboys! He has written hundreds of songs!
Now, the coolest part...
When I was in the application process with the IMB I was asked if I would want to take an Assitant Principal job. I said no because I knew I wouldn't be at school the next year. But God had other plans. Over the course of Thanksgiving weekend, God showed me very clearly that he wanted me to take the job. I was very confused. Why would I switch jobs right before going to the mission field? Well, on the Sat. after T-givng, I went to work at Lemstone (the Christian bookstore I worked in part time) and still couldn't figure out why God would tell me to take this job. When I got to work, we had just received the new Newsboys CD, Adoration. I put it in and was amazed when I heard a new song called, "Lord, I don't know". The chorus says, "Lord, I don't know where all this is going or how it all works out. Lead me to peace that is past understanding, a peace beyond all doubt." I broke down in tears! It was as if the song had been written just for me and that very moment. It became kind of my theme song for the next several months. I even gave it to my BF when she lost her job.
Now, how does this all tie in together you ask? Dude wrote that song!!!!!! How cool is that?!
ps. Also on Friday...President Museveni sent word that he wants to visit the school. I was more impressed with Steve Taylor!
pss. My b-day was yesterday. Some of you are in DEEP trouble for forgetting!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home