Okay, so I FINALLY got out of the city! I've been here almost 8 months and had only been out of the city twice...I needed OUT! So, some friends and I went on a SAFARI!!!! We went to Murchison Falls Game Park in North-West Uganda. This is our vehicle. We had a driver and a park guide. It was one of the COOLEST things I've done in my LIFE! The only bad part was that we accidently stayed in the worst "lodge" on the planet. There were geckos everywhere, but they were the least of my worries. The first night, I kept hearing a rustling sound and thought maybe it was a rat. I was under a mosquito net and just tucked it in tighter and willed myself back to sleep. The next night, we turned out the lights and heard the rustling. Turned the lights back on and there was a BAT, I said a BAT, flying around in our room! And then...the power went out. We both (Tammy and I) tucked ourselves in tight and prayed that God would strike it dead! Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep either night. But, it was really all worth it to see the splendor of God's creation. I was truly in awe the whole time! He's soooo cool.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home