Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

25 February 2006

OUTRAGED!

So I'm hunkered down here at home (election results should be out in about 30 minutes and then the fun should start) and I'm flipping through channels and stop on the 700 Club. I stop just in time to hear a woman in the audience ask Pat Robertson a question about child soldiers fighting in Sudan and Uganda. She was asking how the church could be helping this situation. His response made me sick to my stomach. He said that "these children are beyond reclamation and that they are all hopped up on drugs and are demonic". I swear, those are his EXACT words. I just went to his website and sent a message to let him know how WRONG he is. These children are living in the poorest areas of Africa. The LRA (Lord's Resistence Army) comes in, kills the adults, and takes the children as soldiers and prostitutes. It is the saddest thing on the planet and he has decided that these children will have to be dealt with like any other soldiers in a war...they will have to be destroyed. HE SAID THAT! I don't usually get this upset about this stuff, but I am in tears and so angry over this man's comment that I could vomit! Please contact him at the 700 Club and tell him not to spread such LIES. I wrote to him and said that he should get his self-righteous butt over here and find out the truth before he speaks on the subject again. Would you do the same?

2 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"How Christlike!", she said, dripping with sarcasm.
I love the way you love them. Sis

 
At 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this election thing,was is anything fair?Its really absurd for a christian to say such horrible stuff about child soldiers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home