Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

27 April 2006

I should have known!

This was the beginning of one of the coolest things I've ever done! Our first night in Dubai we went on a desert safari. We drove way out of the city in these nice Land Cruisers (most of the drivers were dressed in full Muslim wear...see pic). On the way, we passed lots of grazing camels. Then we got to the edge of nowhere and stopped. That's when the fun began. This guy is letting the air out of the tires. That's because we're about to go on the ride of our lives out into the middle of the Arabian desert. A caravan of these Land Cruisers four-wheeled like mad-men over the dunes to get us into the middle of the desert. Once we got out there we had a cool cultural experience (see pics to follow), but the drive out to the camp was CRAZY!! It was almost as frightening as rafting the Nile, but with less threat of death. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home