Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

25 April 2006

Gold galore!

This is an entrance to one of the major gold souks (markets) that Dubai is famous for. There were hundreds of gold dealers with whom to bargain. I was too busy buying new clothes and eating at Chili's to invest in gold. Of course I regret that now!
Also interesting...I notice there's a trash can in the picture. We aren't used to seeing those here. In Uganda, the STREET is the trash can. I was amazed at how cleanDubai was. It was the cleanest place I've ever been...including America! Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home