Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

04 February 2008

Mazatlan, Mexico

Last week I had the privilege of visiting Mazatlan. I went in order to prepare for the projects I get to do there this summer. Last summer I was the Ministry Coordinator for an International World Changers project in Kampala. This year I get to be the Project Coordinator for 2 projects in Mazatlan.
It was so fun to be back in a world of other languages. I forget how mono-lingual America is. Sure, I occasionally hear some Spanish, but not all that often. For three full days I got to hear and speak lots of Spanish. I was excited to be able to speak it. I was afraid I had forgotten so much. I haven't spoken it in a while...teaching Spanish 1 doesn't give me much practice. I spend too much time teaching stinking English!
It was a very busy trip. I arrived Thursday at about noon and left Sunday morning around 11:00. It was quite a whilwind, but very productive. I am looking forward to working there this summer.
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger JasonC said...

Come down to the Marietta School System in metro ATL and you will get to practice all the Spanish you want.

 
At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

would you consider taking a woman and 3 preschoolers with you? how exciting!?!
let's get together next week!
tish

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

My favorite part about Mazatlan is the boardwalk... running/walking at night in old Mazatlan! I saw the IWC trip there and said, "I wonder who gets to coordinate this job?! What a great job!"- Now I know! Enjoy :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home