Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

01 July 2008

I got a real henna tattoo once in the middle of the desert outside of Dubai, UAE. There, a middle-eastern woman drew on my leg with a tube of henna paint. She did it free handed and it was beautiful. Today, I paid for my "henna tattoo" and very quickly realized that it would not be the same experience. Today's lady traced this flower from a book and then transferred it to my leg and then traced it with INK and a brush. It's not even the color of henna. I've basically got a Sharpie tattoo. It's cute though, isn't it?
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dubai's was much better!! :)
Kristin

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Someone really asked me who drew on my leg!! hahaha :) They are henna... mexican style?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home