Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

01 July 2008

There she blows!!!


Tonight Amy and I went to a very cool place for dinner. It is a restaurant on the 11th floor of a hotel overlooking the ocean. It actually had a view of the ocean and the entire city. It was truly beautiful. As we sat finishing our meal and waiting for our last sunset in Mazatlan, I spotted this out in the water. It kept coming up and going down and the more we looked, the more we were sure we were watching a WHALE!! We got all excited and started snapping photos. I then went to the waiters and said in very broken Spanish ( I couldn't remember the word for whale) that I thought there was a whale and asked if it was possible. "Es una piedra," they replied. It's a rock. They laughed for a good 5 minutes. Why couldn't they just let us think it was a whale? That would have been a much cooler story.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 6:55 AM, Blogger Ginny said...

You're coming home! YAY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home