Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

25 October 2008

Nice hat

This may be the low point of the trip for me. We took a horse and buggy tour of the city. There's just nothing like being a "rich American" touring the poverty. I spent most of that day feeling guilty and depressed. I know that many of you won't understand that, but living among the impoverished changes your perspective altogether. On this same evening I had a conversation with my waiter from India about the amount of food they throw away on the ship and how he could feed his whole country on just what is thrown away. Even this horse could use that food. How sad.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home