Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

29 April 2009

Almost there



After my meeting on Monday I decided to go to the Prado, one of the most famous art galleries in the world, to just sit and look at art. My favorite artwork EVA is there...Las Meninas by Velasquez. I went online to check the times...CLOSED on Monday. Dang it.
I decided to go to Reina Sofia instead. It has some very famous Picassos and other important dead artists. I went online to see the times...open until 9:00. It was almost 7:00 so I knew I'd have to hurry. I took the metro, waited 15 minutes for the train, came out of the station...it was already close to 8:00. Then I couldn't find it. When I finally did, it was after 8:00 and not worth the price of admission to go for less than an hour. Dang it. No art for me. That was way depressing.

1 Comments:

At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thing you will be living there for a while, so you can visit it whenever you want!!! :)

Kristin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home