Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

26 April 2009

Smokers

Everyone in Europe smokes. It is just a fact. I knew this when I moved here. However, I was quite shocked the other day when I went to a school (grades 7-10) to teach English with Heather (she taught) and when we went outside during break, there were all of the students sitting around smoking!!! One girl even asked me for a light. When I didn't have one she looked at me like I must be lying. I'm sure she was wondering, "What adult doesn't smoke?" Crazy!
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my! That's about all I have to say! I am curious if the lung cancer rate is higher over there? Hmm... smoking allowed at school. Yes, crazy!

Kristin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home