Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

19 April 2009

Roomies

Many of you know that my living arrangements have been a bit uncertain in the days leading up to my coming to Seville. The team had been looking at a couple of options for me. I had decided I wanted to live with a Spanish family at first so that I would be fully immersed in the culture and would HAVE to speak Spanish. The team couldn't find an option that they loved, so they decided to wait until I arrived. Two days before I left, they told me I would just stay the first weekend with my supervisor's family. That's fine. I just wondered where I might put 5 suitcases in their small, but nice, home and which of the kids would have to give up a bed. Anyhoo, upon arrival I was informed that the sweet Journey girl (young single missi) had volunteered to let me stay in one of her spare bedrooms for a while. She has one roommate, an intern who is here for 3 months named Heather. So here I am with Darby and Heather. They are very sweet and so far (all 24 hours of it) we have gotten along great. Tonight we went out to dinner...to have "real" Spanish food at a restaurant called, "Pheonix". Turns out it's really an Irish pub. Oh well, it was certainly a Spanish atmosphere...outside in Spain having dinner at 10:00. What more could I have asked for???
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Heather P. said...

I made your blog?? I feel so honored! Even though we weren't too happy about you taking that picture at the time :) It's all good! Love you girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home