Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

22 July 2009

Cleaning crew

I don't always sleep really well here in my new home. The main reason is that I have so sleep with my balcony doors open or I'll suffocate. You would think that the streets would be quiet at night, but they are NOT. Every night around 2am the trash trucks come. There are 8 dumpsters just around the corner so it takes them about 15-20 minutes to dump them all. They only dump them at night when no one is on the street and when the smell isn't worsened by the heat. And just so you know, you can only put your trash in there after 8pm because of the heat/smell. It's crazy...and smart.
This picture is not the trash truck though. This is the street cleaning crew. This big water truck with a high powered hose drives along while men go behind with brooms and hoses basically mopping the road and sidewalks! It is very cool that they do this. Since it never rains, the road dust is horrible and fills your home. It is nice that they come by and do this every so often to get rid of a little of that.
Have I mentioned that it has only rained TWICE in the three months that I have been here?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home