Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

28 December 2009

Los Alamos

Darby, Megan, Andrea, Shelley and I have been volunteering in the English classes at two local "institutos". (These are schools of grades 6-10 and sometimes 11-12. It is only mandatory to go through grade 10 and so the schools with 11-12th grades are fewer.) On the girls' last day, some of the teachers took us all out to have a thank-you lunch. They have all of them gifts (not me, I'm not leaving!) and paid for lunch. It was nice to be appreciated. It confuses them that we do this for free but they are so thankful. One of the teachers even came to our weekly worship that week! After nearly 3 years of being asked, she finally came. Little by little, we're seeing results. Pray that God will use me in these schools as I continue to volunteer there next semester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home