Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

03 January 2010

Christmas decor

I don't do Christmas trees. I am not against people who do. I just don't. However, I do love a good nativity scene. It is my new "thing". When I go to a new country, I buy a nativity from there and this is how I decorate for Christmas. Here you see 5 different countries represented. ( I have been to 14, but I just started this recently.) Starting top left and going clockwise... Spain, Uganda, Peru, Mexico, Czech Republic. (The one from Peru was a gift. It is the only one I didn't buy myself.)
I love how each country depicts the birth of Christ in their own context. I also love that the Mexican Joseph has blond hair and a blond beard and is wearing a pink hat. I love that Ugandan Mary's hands are bigger than mine. And I love that the one from Peru is in an egg.
I found it interesting that in France during Christmas at all of the Christmas markets I searched, there was not a nativity to be found. What is up with that, France???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home