Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

01 August 2005

Grace like rain

God's grace is an amazing thing to me. Permit me to ramble a while....
I've had a rough week.
School starts very soon and I need teachers. I have interviewed many and have yet to find any qualified people.
My family went on vacation without me. I've never missed until this year. Every year of my whole life (almost), I have gone to Pawley's Island, SC in the summer. This year, they went without me.
I missed my dear friend, Scott's, wedding. My BF was supposed to picket outside, but I have a sneaking suspicion that she did not.
I was confined to my house during a referendum vote on Thursday. Nothing big happened...unless you count the gun shots outside my house the night before. Probably unrelated, but a somewhat frightening experience.
Yesterday, I came down with my THIRD round of food poison. I have lost significant weight since I arrived and I said one more round of food poison would do me good, but I seriously wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy...not even that April girl whose house I TPed in high school!
And then tonight, I am sitting here wallowing in my self-pity when God hits me with all of the goodness around me. I know I have said this a hundred times, but He has truly blessed me with Sarah, Joshua, and Edward. The time that He allows me to spend with them is so precious.
Not to mention my family...poor Daddy got hung up on during our weekly call yesterday when I had to go puke again, but he called today to make sure I'm okay.
I got to talk to my sister and the kids yesterday online.
I talked to my mother tonight online.
The unconditional love of family is such a God thing!
God's grace falls down on me like rain...and the rain here lately has been serious! It's just a picture of the way His love falls down and covers me, drenches me, really! Mukama ye bazibwe! (Praise God!)
(and if that's not enough..."You're the Inspiration" is playing on Edward's radio outside. You remember that song from the 80's, right? Was it Chicago? O, how I love 80's music. Good thing they like it here too! Just one more blessing from above!)

4 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger Schlinky said...

How can I talk with you online? And if I want to email you a pic of Katie do I just send it to you at your regular address?

I feel like you are so far away - Wait! You are!

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Christy said...

I will be getting skype as soon as I have time to download it...a few hours here! Until then, my yahoo IM address is: christyinuganda@yahoo.com. Got on so we can talk!! It's so much better than email!

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Meredith said...

hey christy,
I love you bunches and I've shopping for little goodies to send you!! Scott's wedding wasn't that great you didn't miss anything...lol j/k!! well I love you and miss you!!

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Christy,
Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you and praying for you tonight! When does school start? Here we don't start till the 22nd... but as you know- the work starts much earlier! You have such a neat job and a huge influence in the lives of your students... the Lord has put you there because you are the best for the job!! This year the 'theme' for my classroom is Frogs... Yes, we will use the Fully Rely On God as our theme (can you tell I teach elementary school?!?)... anyway- when searching for ideas for this theme I found all kinds of things: but one website made me laugh (not because of the content... okay so maybe kind of for its content- it is kind of like one of those kids chain letter things people forward you...) but make sure your volume is turned up on your computer when you go to it... it made me laugh. http://lightoflove.net/FROG.htm
So- one quote on the website I actually liked was this...
"To The World You Might Be One Person; But To One Person You Might Be The World"
I hope the start to your school year does go well!
~Amy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home