Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

12 March 2006

Birthday festivities

I went to dinner last night with a few peeps. I decided to keep the b-day low-key this year. Turning 34 just is not that exciting. Besides, in my head, I'm still 32 since that is how old I was when I left the States and it's still just summer. It seriously does feel like I'm in the middle of the longest summer of my life!
(Please note the looks of concern on all our faces. We were having the waitress take the pic. Most Ugandans have never used a camera. We were happy to all be in the pic!)
 Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Blogger Schlinky said...

Happy Birthday to You! I mailed you a package last week, but who knows when you'll get it. I hope you had a good birthday and want you to know that I miss you bunches and can't wait until you come home!

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger Ginny said...

Happy Birthday, Mango! I am so blessed to have you as a friend. Thanks for being so great. Loveyoumeantit!

 
At 1:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You don't look a day over 31.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home