Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

24 March 2006

Unexpected blessings

I have been out of town all week at mission meetings. It has not been fun and I returned to school today (Friday) exhausted. I was so not ready to host an event this evening, but I had scheduled this concert months ago. So tonight we hosted Watoto Children's Choir and God blessed my socks off. Watoto is an organization that takes in children orphaned by AIDS. They have 3 "villages" where they house, feed, clothe, and school the children. And then the COOLEST thing about them is that they train the kids in a choir and take them out on tour all over the world. These kids are leaving Tuesday to tour Asia and Austalia for 8 months. Please go to their website and check them out. You may want to help support them! I can vouch for their staff and the organization. They are doing a wonderful work. www.watoto.com Check it out. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sis, these kids came and sang at Abi and Bailey's school last year. The girls loved them. Small world. Go Watoto kids!!!
Bailey asked them if they knew you.

 
At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad your back....Scott said that your Dad has been concerned about you. Kirsten says HI!! How much longer til you return to the States???

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Christy said...

Hey Misty! Dad worries no matter where I am! Hi Kirsten. I'll be home in October...wherever home is!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home