Jjaja gets a Bible!
For the last several weeks our group in Soweto has been working on earning Bibles. As I've mentioned before, these people are POOR. There are only maybe 3 Bibles among the group. So we've been teaching them the plan of salvation in order to go out and share it with others. If they successfully learn it, they get a Bible of their own. (Why don't we just give away Bibles freely? Because in Uganda, you give them and people sell them. We want folks to have them who want them and will read them.) Last Monday we gave away SIX Bibles. This is our oldest member. She can't read at all, but immediately sat down and started to look at God's word. She has never owned a Bible. When we handed it to her, she literally danced, raised it in the air and shouted for joy! All of them did. One even shed tears of joy. I was so ashamed of my own carelessness about God's word. How many Bibles do I have? How many did I pack and leave in America? How much joy do I show over this precious gift from God? I continue to be challenged by these women each time I am in their presence.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home