Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

30 August 2006

God at work

In my last update, I asked everyone to pray for a friend of mine, Madinah. She was in danger. Her husband (not really husband, she's a second wife so not really married, but has 3 kids with him) has been abusing her ever since she came to Christ. He is Muslim and does not want her serving the Lord. This last time was really bad so we (other missionaries and I) decided to help her get away from him. She has been staying at my place with her daughter, Precious, since just before I went to Italy. This week she will be going to stay with another missionary family who has hired her to do some gardening.
The thing about Madinah that is such an encouragement to me is that NO MATTER the circumstances, she praises God. Here she is today at one of the house churches teaching about how God takes care of His children. Her key verse: Nothing is impossible with God. What a challenge to me. When things get tough for me, I like to wallow in self pity and wonder why God is mad at me. If there is one thing I have learned while in Africa, it is that I am blessed beyond measure. When I start to think that things are "tough" I look around me and see people with literally NOTHING praising God for their health. I pray that I will never forget these lessons and the precious people who have taught them to me. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home