Back at the threshold
You know how I love a good movie quote. Flipping channels today I stopped at a movie coming on some random station. It had Jennifer Anniston in it. Should be good, no? Well, her opening line was, "When you're a little girl you see the world as a giant candy store. Then you grow up and see it as a prison...and you're on death row." Turns out I've seen the movie before and it is NOT good, but that is one heck of an opener, don't you think?
Do you ever feel like your whole world is spinning out of control? Like you're drowning and could have written Psalm 69 all by yourself? That's where I am these last few days. I thought I would have a job by now...and an identity again. I don't. Things have gone arwy in my personal life and I feel like if I start to cry I'll never stop...and some days I do. I picked up my Bible this morning and prayed that God would please say something other than WAIT. He didn't.
In the midst of writing this I was just phoned and turned down for yet another job. It's always the same, "You are over-qualified. You won't stay here." This lady even told me to take my Master's degree off my resume!!! She said it intimidates people. What the heck? I never knew higher education would be a detriment to my job possiblities.
I'm not asking for advice. I'm not asking for you to feel sorry for me. I'm just asking you to pray. Pray that even in this valley...this threshold of hell...that I'll have the peace that God is in control. He is sovereign and He's got a plan. I KNOW He does. I am just not liking the getting there this time. I don't want to be at the bottom of the Grand Canyon looking up. I just don't. Please pray.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home