Not my favorite place...
Hey everyone. I know I promised to blog but this is the first chance I have had to use the internet since I left. And it is just not that easy. The keyboard is Czech so all the letters are switched around and some I just cant find at all! Please overlook any mistakes...
I got here with no major problems. I barely made one of my flights, but did so that was good. Then I arrived in Prague to find that almost NO ONE speaks English. This is Europe and I realize I am being such an American thinking everyone should speak English, but come on! It is EUROPE! Anyway... I had an email telling me how to get from the airport to the hotel. I was to find such and such taxi company, show them the name of the hotel, pay and go. I did. Then in the taxi realized that I had really NO CLUE where I was going and was at the mercy of a man who spoke NOT ONE WORD of English and I spoke NOT ONE WORD of Czech. We drove and drove...through some shaddy looking areas I might mention...until the man finally pulled up on a sidewalk, got out, put my luggage on the ground, opened my door and said, HOTEL. I looked around without a clue where the hotel was, but grabbed my two suitcases and started searching. Luckily, I found the hotel quickly and went in with hopes of finding an English speaker. The lady at the desk knew enough to give me a room key and told me my roommate was out. WHAT ROOMMATE?! No one mentioned a roommate.
I got to my room to find two twin beds...pushed together. Why is it that only Americans need personal space? I unpacked and passed out on the bed until said roommate returned. She is nice enough, but come on...who wants to room with someone you dont know in a TINY room?
Anyway...Danny and Claudia came and found me soon after I woke up and took me to find food. We all turned in early. End of day one. Bored yet?
Yesterday we toured the city. Lots of old buildings...cobblestone streets...castle...you know, the usual European city. Last night all the folks who came early for the meetings ate together...in a MEXICAN restaurant! Instead of TexMex, it is CzechMex. It was adequate.
Today we left the city to tour a castle in another town. We took the train, which was no easy task, and headed out. The countryside was pretty but would probably be better if it were not winter. ...Justin, be assured that I did NOT proclaim anything beautiful like in Italy!...So we arrived in this quaint little town to find that everything, including the castle, was closed today. Danny and Claudia and I were sure we were back in Africa when the man said, "The castle is closed. Come back tomorrow." So we walked around and took some pictures, found a small restaurant, had lunch and came back to Prague.
I will post some pics and try to be less boring in a few days.
Our meetings start tonight and last until Thursday night. Pray that we will learn lots and be ready to head to Kampala with lots of great ministry ideas for the summer group. Things are already working out in God fashion. He is already making things possible that we thought impossible. He is so big and so able...and oh so faithful. Thanks for praying and thanks for checking on me. I have some fun pics to post when I can so check back in a few days! Love y'all!

1 Comments:
Tell danny and claudia hi!!!!!love abster
Post a Comment
<< Home