Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

22 January 2007

Fun to be back...

I know I promised pics, but it's just not going to happen until I get home. Sorry for you.
I have been able to see many friends, but it's been a whirlwind. I'm thankful for any time with them though, so it's okay. Here's what a few have said...
Madinah: Wow, you are too muzungu! (Translation: You are so white I can hardly look at you.)
Benon: You look healthy. (Translation: You've gained weight.)
And my personal favorite: Sarah called me FATIMA. It's the name they call fat women.
So being here has been good for my ego...or not. They all mean well. In their minds they are giving me a great compliment. In my mind, not so much.
Church yesterday was amazing.
I got to meet Edward's baby that was born just after I left. He named him Christopher...after me of course.
I got to see some of the women from the Bible study in Soweto. They were expecting me tonight, but my flight is earlier than we originally thought. Disappointing.
I got to see Benon's wife Betith who is expecting in a few months.
Everyone says hello to all of you. You know how they love to send greetings.
I'll be home tomorrow. Pictures will come soon.
Please pray over my FOUR flights home. Thanks.

1 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a blessing to worship in the Kampala Church! God is great.
--- Tim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home