Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

13 August 2007

Yesterday was such a great day

Background info:
A few months ago as I was getting ready for church I was lamenting the fact that I did not have a Sunday School class to attend. When you're 35 and single, there just aren't a lot of options in most churches...after all, I'm SUPPOSED to be married with kids, right?! So during my pity party I realized that there were others who probably didn't have a class either. I thought of a few of my former youthlets who are now out of college and probably not real excited about going to the college class. I started to really think and pray about it and felt like God might be asking me to start a new class. When I approached our Minister of Education and asked him what he thought, he was excited and told me he had been praying for someone to take on that class for a long time! I approached my friend, Mark, about co-teaching so we'd be open to both guys and gals. He agreed.
We started the class on Memorial Day weekend with only us and one other person. We have been growing ever since. Yesterday we had FIFTEEN in our class!!!!! How exciting is that?
Don't you love when God lets you in on something He's doing? People have congratulated me as if I had something to do with this...it's not me! God is doing a great work in an area where Beaver Dam has had a great need. I LOVE it!
Semi-related topic:
One of our class members is one of my former youthlets. She has grown into an amazing woman of God and is about to embark on a life-chaning journey. My friend, Dawn Doss, has signed on to be a missionary in Ethiopia for the next year. She just graduated with a nursing degree that God is going to use overseas for a while. She is not going with the IMB but with another excellent organization. The down side of that is only that she has to raise her own support. She is scheduled to leave Sept 11 and still needs a LOT of money. Would you join in prayer for her? Or would you pray about giving to her cost? I think she still needs something like $8000. Could you give anything? Every little bit helps. If you want, you can contact me or Tim Hopkins at Beaver Dam. She is worth it. The mission is worth it.

2 Comments:

At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to have you back as my Sunday School teacher...third time's a charm, right??? I LOVE you. Thanks for being obedient!

Love, Jess

 
At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christy,
send me our address and I will send a love gift for your friend.

Love you,
Your Mother.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home