Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

07 May 2009

La playa

On Saturday my whole team decided to go to the beach. They told me to pack a lunch since we'd be there at lunch time. I took a pb sandwich and one little bottle of water thinking there would be a place to buy more drinks there. Instead, we went to a beach that we had to part and then walk 1 kilometer and 200 meters to reach. And not only did we have to make this trek carrying everything, but at the end of the day when we were hot and drained like every time you go to the beach, we had to WALK BACK. And there was no place to get anything. I thought I would have to drink the ocean before it was all over!
Actually, it wasn't that bad. I enjoyed it very much. It was very pretty and not too hot.
This may come as a shock to some of you, but this is Europe and many beaches are topless. This one was no exception. The shocking part for me was that the women don't just lay out topless, they do everything topless. One woman even played handball with her boyfriend...topless. It was just too weird. There was also a naked man...NAKED...walking down the beach. Fortunately I only saw him from the back! Who wants to see that???
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure you are there to work? This all looks like too much fun to be called work! What a beautiful place. Amy & Levi

 
At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello again. I was shouwing Peter the new pics of your new place and he said..."I'd go visit her there!" And that was BEFORE he read the description of the topless atmosphere!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home