Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

07 May 2009

Scary!

Sunday night I got to go to the only Baptist church in the province of Sevilla. It is known as the "mother chruch". I think it has something to do with the fact that it helps support other smaller fellowships around the city. I'm not sure. I'll let you know when I find out.
Anyway, they were having some special program with "Christian flamenco" and I thought that would be cool. Little did we know that the scariest clown on the planet would be there too! This guy is from Brazil, spoke half Portuguese and half Spanish and showed a video about the spread of Islam that included a woman getting her head blown off execution style. Yes, there we children present. If they were not already afraid of clowns, I guess they are now. The scariest part may have been when he started taking his makeup off on stage. I really don't know what it was all about. Bad Spanish mixed with Portuguese just didn't come through in my head.
Hopefully he's not coming back. As of Monday, I will be living across the street! I look at an apartment this morning. I'm going to live with a little old couple for about a month or so. Then I'll get my own apartment. Starting Monday, I'll be speaking Spanish 24/7. Pray for me.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 2:18 AM, Anonymous Mark H said...

So THAT's what happened to Bozo! I always wondered.

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Ginny said...

I miss you! Thanks for calling the other day. I'm so sorry I missed your call. Maybe we can arrange a time soon? Love you and am lifting you up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home