Adios, Maria y Carmelo!
It looks like I've finally found an apartment (called a piso here). I'm way excited. This is the outside. It is a house that was built in the 1700's and has been remodeled into apartments. It has an inner courtyard that I will have to take pics of when I move in...way cool. The walls are a foot thick to insulate the building since there was no way to heat or cool buildings back then. Interestingly, there is still no heating or cooling system. I will have to buy a box heater in the winter and some fans for this summer. But if you keep it all closed up, it stays somewhat cool. I don't know what that will actually feel like when it's 120 here in July and August, but I don't think I'll melt. It's not like Uganda where I had no electricity a lot of the time and couldn't run the fan!
It has two bedrooms, a living room/kitchen, and a bathroom. It is 65 square meters...whatever that means. I think it is Spanish for TINY...or cozy.
You can see my bathroom window...second floor (called the first here since the bottom is the ground floor)... last small window on the right. You can also see the roof where I will hang all of my clothes out to dry. From up there you can see the city. It is pretty close to the center. I can see NINE churches from there!!!!!!! Yes, that is nine churches that old women enter to pray and families only enter when their kids go for First Communion. It is heartbreaking...more on that another time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home