Lazy Sunday
I spent Sunday afternoon in a beautiful park, El Parque Maria Luisa. It is huge and has horse drawn carriage rides (for a small fee). I found a nice quiet bench and sat for an hour or so reading. It was very peaceful and I could have stayed all day. What better way is there to spend a Sunday afternoon?? However, a couple of guys came and decided to smoke weed on the bench up wind from me. After I inhaled a few times (haha) I went in search of a new spot. I came across this monument that goes around the base of a tree and is surrounded by flowers. No one else was there so I sat down to read again. I decided this may be my new favorite spot on the planet. However, it was not long before I was surrounded by "enamorados" (people in love) canoodling on the benches. It turns out that the statue is of a famous Sevillan poet known for romantic poetry. When two men came, I left.
I guess my first real moment of culture shock hit this weekend. It's the PDA. Europeans are VERY open about displaying affection. And I have to say that they kiss louder than anything I've ever heard! On Saturday I took a ride on a tram and found myself BETWEEN two couples who seemed to be oblivious to the fact that they were not alone. I honestly thought I was going to vomit from all of the smacking sounds around me. It was BISGUSTING as my little friend, Connor, would say. 
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home