Maria's house
Anyway, this was my bedroom last week. This week I moved into the room with a bigger bed. This room had a closet but no dresser. The one I'm in now has a small dresser but no closet. The rooms are too small to have both. Closets are not built in like at home...they are pieces of furniture.
Another curious thing is that the only trash can in the whole house is in the kitchen. There is not one in the bathroom. There is not one in the bedrooms. When I hung a plastic bag on my door to collect trash, it was gone within two days. I am not sure what this is about. Maria looked at me funny when I asked if there was another trash can. She motioned to the one in the kitchen and looked at me like I had 3 eyes.
The thing I love most about homes in Spain is that all windows have roll-down blinds that completely shut out all light. If it were quiet you could sleep all day. I was able to sleep late at Darby's . It didn't happen here this weekend. Carmelo and Maria like to get up early and I'm pretty sure they think everyone should. Reminds me of Dad.
Latest observation about Spanish life:
At this very moment a daugther has come with her two kids to celebrate Carmelo's birthday. They have been here maybe 20 minutes and the screaming and crying have not stopped. It seems that Europeans do not discipline their kids like we do...or let me rephrase that...like I was. There is a lot of tantrum throwing in public. I'm pretty sure I would have gotten a bare-bottom spanking for acting like that!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home