Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

16 June 2009

Overflowing

Sunday was a great day. I went to church that morning and met some Nigerians. When I told them I missed my African friends, they told me that would find new ones for me. When I said I wanted to study the Bible with ladies, I was told, "Wow, my cousin's wife is a believer but doesn't come to church because she doesn't speak Spanish and cannot understand. She wants someone to study with her in English. Could you do that?" ARE YOU KIDDING???? And then someone told me that he knew of a woman here from.......UGANDA!!!! I got tears in my eyes and he hugged me and said that he could see my love for Africa in my eyes. I just called her...we are meeting on Friday!!!! She's a Jehova's witness according to this man so pray our meeting is good and that we will develop a relationship so that Christ can shine through me to her and she will eventually know the Truth.
Sunday night there was a baptism. I was telling Maria (the lady with whom I live) about going and she said, "If you are going I will go with you." SHUT UP. I ask her every Sunday and she always says she can't. And now she is volunteering to go with me???? It's too much. So we went. Fourteen people were baptized from around the city. The 3 churches that have been planted by this one Baptist church (like house church groups) all came to baptize their new believers. It was such a celebration. The first person got dunked and Maria gasped! "What are they doing?" I hoped she'd want to talk about it afterwards on the walk (about 5 blocks) home. Instead she intentionally kept up random conversation. It was obvious she was doing it on purpose. But that is okay. The gospel was clearly presented and I know she heard it. She is processing it. God will bring those things to her mind and eventually she'll want to know more. For now we'll settle for her first experience in an evangelical church. It's a HUGE step. Praise God!!!!
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home