Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

28 December 2009

One of the highlights

Probably the funniest thing I saw while in Paris happened during my stroll down the Champs Elysees toward the Arc de Triomphe. As Elizabeth and I were walking we noticed a huge crowd gathered ahead of us outside the Virgin Megastore. It was Christmas Eve so I thought that maybe someone famous was there and that was what the crowd was about...or maybe a big sale was going on. But NO. It was neither of those...unless you count video of Michael Jackson as someone famous being there. I'm not kidding. This CROWD was gathered in the cold rain on Christmas Eve watching a video of one of MJ's concerts. It was the craziest thing I've ever seen. It reminded me of the time I waited outside a store in Rome because Madonna was supposedly inside. She wasn't. And neither was MJ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home