Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

04 October 2010

Ouch

I know I stink at blogging these days. I was telling someone the other day how much easier it was to blog from Uganda because there was always some big, exciting news to share. Here...not so much. Having coffee with someone and teaching English just isn't that blog worthy.
Is this???
While I was in the US, I decided that my life in Seville might be better if I had sausage and maybe a little gravy. My mother's husband, Bobby, went on a search for sausage seasoning. Who knew it would be hard to find? Do people not make their own sausage anymore? Ha. Anyway, he went to a butcher and asked and was able to buy a package that he was told was enough for FIFTY pounds of sausage. That should last me a while, no? So today I finally tried to make it. They sell ground pork here so all I had to do was buy it and mix in the seasoning and voila, right? Except that were no instructions on how much to use if you are not making 50 pounds at once. My thinking was, "If a little is good, a lot must be better." I put in a LOT of seasoning and fried up some yummy sausage. At least I hoped it would be yummy. Turns out I put maybe a zillion times more than I should have cause I tried to eat a piece after I cooked it and DANG, I'm on fire! I pushed through and ate one whole piece, but half-way through piece #2 I realized I might die if I kept going. Okay, so trial and error. I'm off to the store to buy more ground pork to mix in with batch one to see if I can fix trial #1. Wish me luck.
(And THAT is why I don't blog more, friends! Life is just not that exciting right now.)

3 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Blogger Mrs. Jennifer said...

I feel your sausage pain.

Oswald Chambers said "Beware of allowing yourself to think that the shallow things of life are not ordained of God. They are as much of God as the profound." (1 cor 10:31) So, YES! Coffee and english lessons in obedience to the Lord is blogworthy and a big deal!

 
At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope the next batch was yummier, Christy!!!! I think you...on any part of the globe...is exciting, by the way. LOVE YOU

Jess Pooper

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger The Gereckes said...

Hey. You always have good stories...you should blog more...you're life is not boring. Although, if you really need to "spice" things up...come here :) We'll give you things to blog about! (Have I bugged you enough about this yet?) Do they not do spicy things in Spain? The Portuguese are weenies when it comes to spices...it's kind of ridiculous :) Anywho...love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home