Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

31 May 2010

Friends!!

Ignore the fact that I look pregnant in this picture please. I would not have included such a bad pic if not for the fact that I am so excited about having a real, live, Spanish friend! I have found it so hard to find friends here and am giddy about this one! Her name is Cristina. She is the one who took me to Semana Santa and explained it all to me and to Feria also. This past weekend, she invited me to go to Madrid to a Monet exhibit. He is my favorite artist and getting to go to Madrid with a Spaniard... a double pleasure!
I am so thankful for my life here. Sometimes it feels like I'm a rockstar with all I get to do and see. Who would have thought a silly girl from Maysville, KY would get to experience so much. I'm just like George Clooney (another Maysvillian). We're pretty much living the same life. Hahahahaha.

2 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah, now I'm seeing the pants...well, VERY cute shirt, then. haha. MONET!!!! YES! I'm a teeny bit jealous at this point.

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger The Gereckes said...

yeah for you vacationing with friends...I think you and George Clooney lead similar lives...but yours is better...you know us and he doesn't ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home