Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

15 December 2010

Belen

I love Nativity scenes. I have 6 in my apartment from different countries I've visited. I wish I had started the collection earlier and that I could have one from EVERY country I've visited, but I don't. =(
I love that Seville loves Nativities too. They love them so much that they set up enormous ones and people go on tours from one to the next. People even open their homes and let you come in to see theirs. Some of them are beautiful. Others are not. There is a tradition here in Spain with a certain type of nativity set that has a figure hidden in the scenery that is so very strange. I am not sure what it has to do with anything or why it is there but there is a man with his pants down "taking care of his necessities" with a nice little pile on the ground below him. My Spanish friends say it is a tradition, and like most traditions here, they have NO IDEA where it comes from. So very strange. Cause what says, "birth of Christ" like a man pooping??? Riddle me that.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home