Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

05 September 2005

Back where I come from

Okay, y'all know I'm from KY. In KY we have a "little" event called the KY Derby every year. It's the first Saturday in May in case you don't know...if you live under a rock or something. Anyhoo, on Saturday I thought I'd gone home! It turns out that here in Kampala they have a little event called the "Goat Races". I assumed it was going to be something akin to a county fair. It turns out, it's a grand affair. Check out the lady selling "Glamour Hats". Does she need a mint julip or what? I didn't get to actually see any of the races. I had been at the pool (rainy season is ending) and was woefully underdressed! But next year I'll be ready. Somebody bring me a hat when you come, would ya?
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home