Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

15 February 2007

Answered prayer

On my way to Knoxville to speak at a Disciple Now thing this weekend, I was thinking about what on earth I'm going to do about a job. I can't go on unemployed and God has said NO to every single thing in KY (jobs and otherwise...). So it occured to me, maybe God doesn't want me in KY. Maybe IIIII want me in KY. I talked to Him about it and stayed this week to look for work. Guess what! After trying to find work all over KY for months, I got a job in a matter of days in TN! Is that an answer, or what? Tomorrow I start a temp job for $9 an hour and I'm so excited. Who could have ever guessed I'd be pumped making that amount? And even more, God provided a place to stay (thanks, Anne) for cheap until I go back to education in the fall (which I have decided to do). How about that folks?! I have a plan. I have a future. And to think, God had one all along...Jer. 29:11!
Blessed be the name of our Lord. Blessed be His glorious name.

1 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're welcome

 

Post a Comment

<< Home