Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

20 February 2007

Quick update

Hey folks! It's official...I'm back in Knoxville. I started work on Friday...I'm a paper pusher...I file, I sort, I stack, I stuff (and unstuff) envelopes. It's good times. The most funny thing about it so far (other than the zillion paper cuts) is that the people there didn't know me before. To them I'm that "missionary from Africa" and they don't know what to do with that. One girl said a word (a bad one) in front of me the other day and apologized about 12 times. It is funny. It's the first time I've been around people who didn't know me pre-Africa.
Speaking of Africa...a couple of side notes.
"The Last King of Scotland" is about to win lots of Oscars. I have seen in twice in the last week. It's about Idi Amin, the dictator of Uganda in the 70s who DESTROYED the country. It's absolutely amazing. It's rated R and I can't whole-heartedly recommend it because of the sex and violence, but if you can ignore that, it helps you understand why Ugandans are in the situation they are in. Go see it if you can. Forest Whitaker deserves an Oscar for his portrayal of a Amin. He does a SUPER job with the accent and everything.
Also, I leave in the morning to go to Debriefing at MLC in Richmond. I'm excited to see friends (We will miss you, Gin!) and be wrapped up in missions again for a few days. It will be great to spend time with people who are having similar "readjustment issues". Please pray for me that I will take advantage of the time there and hear a word from God. There'll be pics...wait for it!

1 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Blogger Ginny said...

I MISS YOU KIDS! Sigh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home