Same old, same old
I realize that you, my fans, are desperate for some new words of wisdom (aka random ramblings) but I don't have much these days. Oh, I could go on and on about my job, the crazy kid stories, the unfriendly staff (aka mean and hateful), but then, you never know who is reading and I need this job. So I've got nothing for you.
I do have an exciting weekend planned though. On Friday I get to see one of my friends from Kampala...she was one of my teachers at the school. And then I'm going to see the fam in Maysville. There will be camping. I don't camp. I'll be sleeping inside, thank you very much. And then I am heading to Louisville to see some other IMB folks who were in Kampala. Remember Kari and my team leaders, John and Rebekah? They are all at Southern Seminary and I'm going to visit. Should be good times.
Speaking of Southern...I'm officially a student there now. I'm enrolled in "Biblical Hermenuetics" online. So far I've not picked up a textbook or listened to a single lecture. I am going to have to set aside a specific night and pretend I have class or I'll never do anything.
OH WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!! I DO HAVE A STORY!!!!!!!!!! HOW COULD I FORGET?!
Get comfy...
Back in Dec 2005 while I was in Uganda I received an email from a woman at my church whom I had never met. She told me a story about how she met this guy named Darrell and he told her he was looking for a godly woman. Later that day, she thought of me. I don't know why...like I said, we had never met. Anyway, she called the church and got my email address and wrote to ask me if she could give it to him. I laughed at the thought of some guy emailing a missionary in Africa to ask for a date. In fact, it became a joke around the school and people would periodically ask me if I had heard from Darrell. I did not. I haven't thought anything else about it.
Yesterday I got an email from the woman. We have still never met. She asked if I remembered the emails saying that she had seen me at church on Sunday and thought about Darrell. She went to her work on Monday and looked up the emails she had sent as well as Darrell's work number. She called him and asked him why he had never contacted me. He said it was because he was deployed to Iraq right after they met. (sure!) She asked him if he would be interested in meeting me now and he said he would. She asked if she could give him my number. It's such a funny story and would be hilarious if he actually did call that I said she could. Seriously, what kind of guy takes strange women's numbers from strange women and actually calls them? It's already a funny story, but if he calls... I may pee my pants!!!
I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home