The highs and lows of teaching
The highlight of my day happened just a few moments ago when one of the kids with special needs (who I go play with all the time) came up and decided to try and plant one right on my lips. I turned just in time to get a wet, sloppy kiss on my neck! His name is Peter. He's nonverbal, but who needs words when you can kiss like that!
The low point of my day was when a boy walked into my first block and said, "Oh, hey! Nice hair! What did you do?" Seriously, I know I need a cut but my hairdresser can't get me in until Dec 7. I have it in a headband today. Apparently it's not as cute as I thought it was. OUCH.

4 Comments:
I observed a high school today as a prerequisite for subbing. And my prayers are with you.
No kidding, there was a girl in American History that couldn't remember the name of the Revolutionary War or World War I & II.
Christy,
The "I can't see my hairdresser for several weeks" was the adage you used in Kampala. Don't tell folks that you can't see a hairdresser when you live in a big, well organized metropolis, with no bodas and taxis jerking you around and potholes so large that a child could be lost a week. Change hairdressers...lose the hairband...get that hair fixed liked you had it when you came back to Kampala for more road abuse this summer and yet you just looked beautiful even when you fell in a pothole and we did not find you until afternoon.
Love you from Kampala...guess who??
Don't you just love it when the kids are brutal?! Kristin
Have you been to the hairdresser yet? We leave in a.m. (5:00) for Mb for prayer retreat...CHOGM is here...queen arrived tonight...if we only had 9 more months to get ready...we might be ready...but TIA. Blocked roads tomorrow and Friday..hope we can get through in wee hours...Jerry Ann's father died last week..buried on Saturday is what the message said. Know this is difficult time for her. Evert moves to Kitgum on 2nd. Hooray for him...am so proud of him. Penn is going with him and is excited. Hope you have a blessed holiday and that you update your blog. I love you, Claudia
Post a Comment
<< Home