Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

15 October 2007

Sick of it

I am so tired of people being mean. Most of you have heard me complain about how mean the majority of the staff that I work with is. There just seem to be some very UNHAPPY folks around here. I have been trying so hard to win some of these folks over. I'm trying the "kill them with kindness" approach. With some it is working. With some it is NOT.
Lately, it's one of the secretaries. I highly respect the secretaries in any school, don't get me wrong. But it seems that we have one here (and I've worked with others) who seems to think she's really my boss. I believe she has forgotten that her job is to facilitate what the rest of us do, not hatefully reprimand us when we don't do something the way SHE wants it done.
I missed school Friday (took the day off) and told my sub to send a list of any students absent in first block to the office by 9:30. Well, apparently I was WAY OFF. She was supposed to send a copy of the roll with an A beside the names of students who were absent. Oh my stars!!! It must have really worn out this secretary because I got to school this a.m. and received a less than pleasant email from her. When I VERY SWEETLY wrote back to apologize and ask what should have been done instead, she sent back a reply that was again NOT SWEET.
My latest response:
"I have obviously offended you with my stupidity. For that I am sorry. I will try to do it correctly next time." I can't wait to see what she sends back.
I'm just tired of it. You don't have to be a HAG to people...even if they are stupid.
On an unrelated note...
What about KY football this year???? It's the first time I've ever heard VOLS fans cheer for KY. They wanted them to beat LSU so badly. Now they have and the UT/UK game is coming up...I don't think they're cheering for KY anymore. GO CATS!!!!

1 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Blogger JasonC said...

You can always join me in the ranks of temp workers again- Yay, filing!

I hope Kentucky beats the crap out of Tennessee and steals all of Fulmer's Krispy Kremes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home