Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

17 October 2007

Sure to offend

I know some of you will think I'm just being anti-animal again, but I just heard the MOST ridiculous thing I think I've ever heard. This week one of the local churches (or several of the same denomination) had it's annual "Blessing of the Beasts". Apparently you take your pet to the church and have it blessed. This is wrong on SO MANY levels that I don't know which one offends me most. I think that its the idea that God should be called upon to bless your animal. The animal that you spend way too much money on while people starve in the world. The animal that is an ANIMAL. I wonder if these same people had their children blessed? Now, that I can deal with. But your ANIMAL????? God, there are people dying and going to hell without Christ. There are people hurting. There are people starving. But could you please bless my pet? Oh my stars. Where does it end?

2 Comments:

At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe its just a tactic to get people into church?????

You hear about churches doing free oil changes and free clothing and giving away free cars just to get people in the door.

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Christy said...

I don't think having ministries like car care and clothing closets for those in need are quite the same thing. But yeah, I'm sure this is about getting people to come. Don't get me started on gimics!! Whew.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home