Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

26 December 2007

Precious

I bought this picture years ago when I worked at a Christian bookstore at "Gangsta's paradise". I bought it because I thought the little girl was just precious and the colors in it matched my kitchen in my condo perfectly. When I sold my condo and moved to Uganda I put it in storage and had forgotten all about it until my mother recently found it. Here's why I love it now...
The verse at the bottom says, "Children are a heritage from the Lord." That was the theme verse of the school where I was principal, Heritage International School. Funny that I bought a pic with that verse on it since I have never wanted children.
Secondly, I now love the picture because it is the spitting image of Precious. If you have kept up with my blog, you have seen pics of Precious. If you visited me in Kampala, you have met Precious. If you lived in or currently live in Kampala, you know Precious. The last time I saw Precious, Madhina had let her hair grow in and it was fixed just like this. My favorite video from Kampala is of Madhina and Precious working in my yard with Precious shouting, "HALLELUJAH!!" This little girl is working in the yard. I wonder if she is saying, "Hallelujah"?
Don't you find it interesting that I bought this picture years ago and today when I saw it, it made my heart ache?
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Blogger Brooke said...

hi Christy. you mention a Christian bookstore in your blog, and I just have to ask if the bookstore is Lemstone? Because I worked there one Christmas season and it seems I remember you from there!?
Brooke
www.shine4all.blogspot.com

 
At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It so IS Precious!!! Wow, Christy, wow.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Christy said...

Brooke,
Brooke who? YES, it was Lemstone...both of them...the one at East Town and then West Towne the first one closed. Identify yourself, chica!
C.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home