Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

09 December 2007

Reunion

Yes, I enjoyed getting to see Kari and Spencer get married, but I was also blessed beyond measure this weekend with the chance to reunite with other members of my Uganda family. John and Rebekah and Sarah and Rachael were there as well as the Wilkes family and Dr. Christy who all served in Mbarara with Kari and Spencer. We had such a great time catching up with each other and laughing about how fun it is to have friends literally all over the world. (I also got to see other M friends, like Amy who served in Mexico.) We got caught up in the fact that we had never been together on this continent before and how fun it is that God took us all to Uganda to bring us together.
I was also so blessed that I got to hear John preach again this morning. (I have never heard him preach without a translator!!) If you've ever heard John preach you know he BRINGS IT and this morning was no exception. He always speaks with such true conviction and passion. You cannot hear him and not be moved by the God that he represents. Thank you, John, for never preaching anything other than the truth of the Word. You are such a blessing. I love you all so much.
ps The only thing that could have made this weekend better...Danny and Claudia. But, oh , they were thought about and talked about throughout!
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah....what fun to be with everyone at the wedding...made us envious...sad...or whatever...we would love to have been there in all that fun and conversation and love. The bride and groom look "so smart." The Ugandans would have loved to have seen them. They were lovely and handsome. We are so happy that the gang got together and that is a special gift from God. Thanks for missing us. WE love you, Claudia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home